Single and Lonely? Ready to Re-Enter the Dating Pool But Worried It’ll Be a Shock? Why Not Let Rhonda the Maven Show You How to Start Dating Again?
Note from Anne:
As you are no doubt aware, every day, thousands of Baby Boomers suddenly wake up to find themselves single, and – unfortunately – feeling like you’re totally out of touch with the dating scene.
To help you start dating again, so that you can rediscover the joys of a full social life, I’ve asked an expert, Rhonda Cort, a.k.a. “Rhonda the Maven,” to write this guest post on how to re-enter the dating pool. Whether you just want to dip your toe into the social scene, or you’re ready to dive in – total immersion-style – she’s got the experience to help assure your water wings are working and your dive won’t end with an unpleasant “belly flop…”
Rhonda’s an entrepreneur who’s been lucky enough to have spent the last 10+ years, living, working – and dating – internationally.
In true entrepreneurial fashion – as in “find a need and fill it” – she’s turned her knowledge and experience into a business, becoming a mentor and speaker whose expertise is helping fabulous women (and some very special men) not only start dating again, but actually make quantum leaps on the social scene.
Rhonda know how to take your personal life from “fizzle” to “SIZZLE” –
As she puts it:
- “I have been living a juicy life in various countries around the world (Italy and Sweden are two of my favorites).”
- “This time has been full of nothing but memorable moments enjoying fantastic relationships and dating great men of various nationalities, races and cultural backgrounds.”
- “As a result, my passion and mission are to help you become magnetically attractive to the quality men and women YOU want to date within 90 days.”
- “In fact, if you are as motivated as some of my clients have been, this could happen within just weeks — not months or years!”
Clearly Rhonda has a unique point of view and a reservoir of wisdom that helps her connect with her clients on many levels. So take it away, Rhonda!
How to Re-enter the Dating Pool — Without Shock
By Rhonda the Maven
The good thing about dating in your midlife is that you are clear (or should be) on what you want, what you like and who you are. There is a silent strength and poise about you that the 20-somethings and 30-somethings secretly envy. Don’t ask ’em though–they’d never admit it.
However, you have probably been out of the dating pool for some time-maybe just a few years for some and perhaps decades for others. With all the life experience you have, nothing can prepare you for re-entering the pool and taking that first swim.
So whether you want to dip your toe or dive in all at once, there are a few things I’d like to share with you – I want your first swim to be in water that is warm, comfy and inviting.
I’ve been in the dating pool, off and on, for the last few years myself. I understand it can be pretty intimidating, especially if all you’ve heard are disaster stories one after the other. However, you should try to be objective. How will you find a new friend or that special new companion if you don’t get in the pool-online or off? I know…I know you’re concerned about your safety, but once you have the know-how there is no need to worry.
Let me help you avoid the ‘cold water’ shock and the struggle so many Baby Boomers experience when it comes to testing the dating waters again. Remember, you should take time to prepare yourself BEFORE you take that dive or dip your toes in the pool.
Don’t waste time swimming in circles! Hurry go get a pen and paper. Jot down the 2 vital points I’m about to reveal. They will literally determine if your love life sinks or swims!
1. Get help.
This is of vital importance as it’s infinitely harder to reach goals solo. There will be days when you need encouragement. So get a like-minded positive friend to help you or a personal mentor. Your success rate can only SKYROCKET when you do so.
Here are some things a great mentor will help you address:
- Getting crystal clear about what you want and what you don’t want.
- Overcoming obstacles or issues that stand in the way of your success.
- Putting together a step-by-step action plan based on your comfort zone.
- Inspiring you, keeping you on track and lifting you up when you are low.
- Providing wisdom to help you get the best out of your dating experience and help you avoid unnecessary pitfalls.
2. As you start dating again, your dating, love or friendship action-plan should be S.M.A.R.T.
- Specific. You need to specifically and clearly state what you want. Why? Because until you do that, the people you attract will be random and not at all what you want.
- Measurable. You need to know when you’ve reached your love life goals. You could have a goal to just go out on one great date every 2 weeks or to meet a wonderful new companion within 6 months or so. It’s okay to set measurable goals; they motivate you to take action.
- Action-oriented. This is where most people fall short. Don’t be one of them. If you want to go out on wonderful dates…you’ve got to DO something to attract them. So you need to figure out what that is, how you’re going to do it and when.
- Realistic. You have a dream or desire you want to achieve, right? Well it’s great to push outside your comfort zone, but at the same time they need to be reachable. Otherwise, you set yourself up for disappointment.
- Timely. Are these desires you have in sync with your current needs in life? Only when you feel it’s time to achieve them and you truly want them, will you do whatever it takes to obtain them.
This information has saved people I’ve worked with from wasting precious time with incompatible people, timewasters and bad dates! Following these two points will greatly increase your chances of finding a wonderful new partner or friend who suits you in less time. It may sound a bit technical, but nothing beats a little preparation.
I would love to hear your feedback and any questions you may have. Write me at: RhondaTheMaven @ gmail.com
Wishing you a warm dive… or a pleasant dip!
Rhonda the Maven
P.S. If you are serious about successfully getting back in the dating pool to find a friend or a loving partner, I have something very special, just for you…
Visit: Dynamic Daters