The World’s Beaches and Sideroads Await You: Can Simply Learning How to Write a Book Actually Allow You to Retire Before Age 90, AND Give You More Play Time Now?
Remember how frustrated you got as a kid when you found yourself stuck in the classroom on a beautiful spring day? All you wanted was to get outside so you could play…
But you couldn’t. Because until that end of day school bell rang, you were tied to your desk, with work to do. You know; math, and reading and penmanship… The stuff they said you had to master in order to get a good job when you grew up…
Fast forward to the present.
You’re grown up now and toiling away at that job you worked so hard to get. The job you now can’t afford to leave. Outside, it’s a balmy, breezy summer day, the kind of day that we all dream about – perfect weather for all good Baby Boomers who would still prefer to be playing outdoors, except now you want to be:
- Enjoying a long walk in the country with your sweetie at your side
- Taking your Harley out for a spin, or
- (Insert your favorite outside activity here)
As You Steal Another Wistful Glace Out the Window, You Suddenly Realize:
- It’s taking every ounce of self-control you’ve got to keep you in your office and at your desk
- You’d love to throw responsibility to the wind and answer your siren’s call
- But you don’t blow down the door, because — hey, you’re a responsible employed adult and you have work to do…
So Is Today’s Scenario REALLY Any Different? Has Your Life Actually Changed?
It’s Times Like These When You Start to Daydream, Just Like You Did When You Were a Kid.
Except Now Instead of Dreaming of Hitting Grand Slam Home Runs,You Find Yourself Fantacising About What Your Life Would Be Like If You’d Paid More Attention to Your Composition Classes, And Felt More At Ease With a Pen…
You Wish You Knew How to Write a Book
You want to be able to put your name on something – like book or movie rights – that both generates a passive income stream and gives you credibility.
You know that owning a piece of intellectual property which opens doors for you while simultaneously churning out income while you sleep is something that gives you the same credibility as a bases-loaded home run provided you back when you were in Little League. Yep. It says you’re “The One.”
The Next Part of Your Summer Daydream Probably Goes Like This:
“Wouldn’t it be great if I had a way to make money while I sleep — Even better if I could also crank out big bucks while I play! Then I might actually be able to afford to retire… And I’d be able to leave a legacy for my family.”
You start to fantasize about how different your life would be TODAY, if you had started writing books A FEW YEARS AGO…
You realize that if you could figure out how to write a book, it would probably vastly change your life, your income and your business. Your change in fortune could even happen practically overnight, as it has for so many people you’ve watched brand themselves with a book and become household names. Among them:
- Donald Trump
- Loral Langemeir
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Warren Buffet
- Robert Allen
- Zig Ziglar
- Brian Tracy
- John Maxwell
- Barack Obama
They’ve All Used Books to Launch Their Current Lives and Lifestyles, Right?
Perhaps no one more successfully than the current President of the United States of America. Think about it: Hardly anyone from outside of the Prairie State had even heard of the junior senator from Illinois before he wrote “Dreams from My Father,” right?
Before he published that book, he was as inconsequential and invisible to the world at large as are these current junior senators, undoubtedly all good people, but whose names are unknown outside their state:
- John Kyl (AZ)
- Jim Bunning (KY)
- Ben Cardin (MD)
- Jon Tester (MT)
- Kirsten E. Gillibrand (NY)
Authoring helped Obama gain the notice that got him invited to address the Democratic National Convention in 2004. You’ve probably heard that he’d attended the same convention four years earlier, but he had to drive and he didn’t even had enough money to rent a hotel room! No one was asking to hear him speak then!
The rest is a matter of history: he used the phrase “the audacity of hope” in his electrifying speech which gave him visibility. He then expanded on his views in his next book, “The Audacity of Hope,” which doubtless helped propel him to the White House just four years later…
Beyond that, Obama made $2.5 million in book royalties on those two books just last year. And he currently has an authoring contract in place guaranteeing him another half million for a third book.
Talk about profiting from learning how to write a book! When you wonder if authoring really can be a life changing event that can provide you with long-term, ongoing financial security, his story has to come to mind!
But You Already Know This
Perhaps I’m preaching to the choir when I remind you that properly branding yourself and using a book as your business card, gives you:
- Instant credibility, since authors are perceived as expert on their subjects
- An opportunity to change your life, income, and business overnight
- A proven way to grow your business and income faster and bigger
- An opportunity to retire from the workforce, while continuing to generate income via your books as well as a few complementary products or services with bigger price tags
These Days, If You Want to be Able to Afford to Retire, One Great Way to Do It is to Take Action to Become an Author
If you don’t finally figure out how to write a book, you’re always gonna be stuck in the office, with no chance to get outside and do something you love on a beautiful day. No “hall pass” that gives you the option to go out and play when you want to, “just because you can”
Don’t Throw Your Hands Up in Despair! You Have it In You to Write a Book Which Can Become the Keystone to Your Abundant Retirement Income!
According to my good friend and writing coach, Ronda Del Boccio, the good news is, you don’t have to be “good at writing” in order to write a book.
Ronda, who’s not only written her own best sellers, but has also personally coached hundreds of people to write successful books, spells it out simply:
- You don’t have to be a former “A” student in your native language.
- You don’t have to be a prolific writer.
- You don’t even have to be an avid article writer.
- And you don’t have to hire a ghostwriter or outsource everything, either.
Ronda teaches her authoring students that your book will actually be more successful if it’s crafted in a conversational tone. You know, written as though the reader is a good friend, conversing with you over a coffee.
(Don’t drink coffee? No problem. “Picture yourself sharing tea, or even a beer with your friends, as you write,” she says.)
Not sure you have a problem-solving book in you? Again, Ronda has an answer to help you get started. She suggests you ask yourself:
- What “problems” do you solve over and over again for friends, neighbors, clients, customers or others in your life?
- What kinds of people do you feel you are best equipped to serve or assist?
- What are you known for?
Keep in mind that your answer might not be related to your career expertise. It might be that you’re known for helping friends with problems that are hobby-related.
- For example, if your hobby is sailing, and you’ve successfully navigated some major water — you’ve crossed the Atlantic, you’ve “bare-boated” in the BVIs, or you’ve circumnavigated the “Great Loop” — perhaps your authoring forte might come from telling others how you did this, and how they can prepare to succeed in the same endeavor.
- Likewise, if you’ve trained for and run the Boston Marathon as my friend Scott Sharp Armstrong has, you might write a book, “Boston Marathon or Bust,” to share your knowledge about how to prepare.
- And don’t despair if the thing you do best is bake. After all, who would have guessed that anyone would choose to write about preparing all 524 recipes in Julia Child’s famous cookbook. And yet Julie Powell did that – and her book, “Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen,” was so successful it’s now a movie.
Ready to Start Implementing Your Book-authoring Retirement Plan?
You don’t need to work in a vacuum. Help is at hand. Check out Ronda’s main website, Profitable Storytelling. She’s packed it with tons of articles, videos, tips, templates and other resources.
Or, if you want more help, faster, get her book, “Instant Credibility.”
I’m personally working through her “Instant Credibility” book — which comes with a workbook — right now, and I can honestly promise you that it’s working better for me than all the one-on-one coaching I’d previously received on the topic of how to write a book.
In it, Ronda Covers Hugely Important, Success-generating Topics Like:
- Why writing your own book is so important for your credibility – AND the growth of your business. This works whether you’re creating a retirement business, or you’re not ready for that yet…
- A structure for your book that makes it EASY to write. This is a specific plan that you can follow, with action steps in every chapter so you know EXACTLY what to do in each chapter as well as for the book overall.
- The sad truth about how much of your book people read and how to overcome it. Read this and you’ll understand that even when a reader doesn’t finish your book, you CAN still grow your business.
- 3 things you must have on your website before you put your book up for sale. Ronda covers the steps a reader takes to decide whether or not to purchase your book. Yes, there’s actually a specific process.
- 3 factors that determine whether your prospect is a likely customer.
- 3 things you can do on the book COVER that will compel your prospect to open your book. One of them will surprise you. Many book authors get the first two right, but don’t do the last.
- 7 essential elements of every single chapter. Yes, the title is the first! (well DUH of course!) But the 6th makes you a magnet. And the 7th makes the reader want more.
- The single most compelling element of any book. You’ll be surprised – and it’s not about the training/content either.
- The specific formula that makes writing your book simple. When you have the recipe, it’s easy to fill in the elements of your book in short bursts.
What? Are you still reading this blog? Hey, the sun’s shining somewhere in the world, and you still want to be able to afford to retire, right?
So go get Ronda’s book already! I promise it’ll be the best investment in yourself you’ve ever made!
Besides, it costs less than a nice steak dinner. So as a safeguard against your future and an opportunity to generate passive income so you can finally get out of the office and play — it’s certainly very affordable…