Are You Worried, Fearful the Recession Will Bust You? Don’t Just Wait for Obama. Why Not Motivate Yourself to Start a Business That Creates Your Own Economic Stimulus Plan?
My friend Kathy has been a motivated and highly successful Realtor in beautiful and historic Galena, Illinois – a community whose lifeblood is tourism – a for about 30 years. Regularly one of the top selling agents in her MLS, she loves her work and has lived through boom times and bad with the knowledge that everyone needs to have a home. Hers has always been a business marked by sales awards and steady growth.
- But, along with almost 100% of the Realtors in the country, she found 2008 to be a real financial challenge. With little or nothing she could personally do to turn things around.
- Which is probably why she sent out Christmas cards this year featuring a photo her husband took of her with Barack Obama back in 2004, when he was in town, campaigning for the Illinois senate. (She’s what you’d call a long-term Obama fan.)
- For the past year, her hopes have been that he’d win the presidency and turn the economy around – and that he could take action quickly enough to get people confidently buying real estate again.
- Naturally, she’s delighted Obama’s presidency is off to the fast start the whole world has been praying for…
Financially, We’re Not Out of the Woods Yet, Of Course. This Recession is Just Too Deep to Turn Around in Less Than a Month.
Obama may be a man with a plan and a compelling vision of hope. But even Kathy knows he doesn’t have super-powers. Nor did he come equipped with a fairy godmother and a magic wand… And we still live in the real world. There’s still a lot of hard work – and painful decisions – ahead:
No Doubt That’s Why You’ve Heard President Obama’s Cautionary Soundbites On the News This Past Week:
- “We are in the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression”
- “2009 will be tough”
- “Things may get worse before they get better”
- “We must take dramatic action now, with regard to the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan, the economic stimulus package, tax cuts…”
- Back at the ranch
- Over in your neck of the woods
- Or wherever in the world you like to hang out
January – with its excitement of the new year and the inauguration – has segued into the chill of February. And the hot dragon breath of recession and economic crisis no doubt continues to flick at your ears, as:
- More Americans filed for unemployment in January than at any time in the last 26 years
- A recent New York Times editorial opined that there’s “no guarantee that today’s battered 401(k)’s will rebound powerfully. People close to retirement don’t have time for a do-over. Even for those still far from retirement, there’s no telling how stocks will perform in the future. “
- Big companies around the globe continued to announce plans to lay off tens of thousands of workers. A quick analysis of world headlines finds the following major firms announcing personnel cutbacks:
- Caterpillar (20,000)
- Sprint Nextel (8,000)
- Home Depot (7,000)
- Boeing (10,000)
- Macy’s (7,000 workers cut, plus they cut their quarterly divided, and said they’re integrating all divisions into a single unit, as they expect 2009 to remain very tough for retail)
- Starbucks (announced plans to close 300 under-performing stores worldwide and lay off 6,700 workers, mostly in the US )
- The anticipated Pfizer Wyeth merger (which will result in a net loss of 8,000 jobs)
- Caterpillar (20,000)
As Ann Landers Used to Say, “It’s Time to “Wake Up and Smell the Coffee:”
The question you must now ask yourself is “What have YOU planned to do in 2009 to keep yourself financially solvent??”
In case you were too busy to take action earlier due to:
- The year-end holidays
- The election or
- Your own personal financial implosions
You need to know this: It’s not TOO LATE for you to RESOLVE to spend 2009 focused on generating income via consistent activity related to your skill sets and your big ideas!
Especially if You’ve Recognized That 2009 is Not Just the Chinese “Year of the Ox,” But Probably Also the “Year You Must Become Self-employed.”
And why wouldn’t you be starting to realize this? Obama may be quickly putting solid plans in play, but you’ve been around the block a few times. You’ve heard all the cautionary talk, and you know you don’t have time on your side:
Most people agree that it’s going to take at least two years – possibly longer – to get our economy straightened out again.
And, as a Boomer, someone who might have had plans to retire in as few as two years, you know you’ve got to take action. You can’t just wait for the “man from the government, who’s here to help” – even when he brings with him as much hope as Obama does…
With so much to do, and so little time, your first step has to be to resolve to get motivated to take some action – after you chart your own personal recovery and reinvestment plan!
>Not Sure If Now Really Is the Time to Start Your Dream Business?
The truth is, 2009 is the perfect year to start. Done right, the economy can actually help you break all kinds of records for a start-up business generating sales, revenue and profits. Which is why there has not been a better time in the last 70 years to go out and build a business. You know why?
Because everyone else is pulling back! That means, for instance, that ad rates are cheaper now, so it costs you less to find buyers – provided you have pinpointed the messaging that is going to resonate with your ideal prospects…. and you’re absolutely clear about where you’re going with your business, and how you’re going to get there.
What? You’re Panicked and Not Buying This Concept?
Well relax. Fear and panic won’t get you anywhere. But strategic planning accompanied by proper motivation will.
As proof, take a look at the front page of Advertising Age for January 26, 2009. Hone in on the article that says, “Marketing’s New Red-Hot Seller: Humble Snuggie”
- You know what product they’re talking about: those slightly silly-looking blankets with arms that have been advertised all over TV these last few months… You can probably recite the commercial from memory, so you know they come in 3 colors and you can get two of them – plus two book lights – for $19.95 plus shipping and handling…
Here’s how popular this item is:
- Not only has Ellen DeGeneres jokingly worn one
- Fox News actually honed in on a woman wearing one at Obama’s inauguration
- And the product has inspired more than 200 parody videos on YouTube – as sure a sign of success as anything
Now Think About It: Haven’t YOU – At Least Once or Twice – Had an Idea for a Product As Simple – and On Target – As This One?
Thought so. Most people have. Problem is, too few take action to turn these personal flashes of genius into income-generating products.
Now’s the time to review those great ideas you’ve shelved somewhere in the back of your head and dust off any that might fit a similar mold. That is, products that are easy to produce and fill a need.
Especially if – like the Snuggie – they are product ideas that can help people in at least one of these four crucial ways:
- Save money
- Make money
- Relieve pain, or
- Do something they have to do – no matter what the economy – (except, of course, that you can show them how to do it better, faster, easier, with less trouble)
Add to That the Concept of: Do What You Love And the Money Will Follow
Whether you’ve been laid off, are anticipating that a layoff might happen to you later this year, or are simply trying to figure out how you’re going to be able to retire in a few years, now’s the time to take a clue from experts like Loral Langemeier and figure out how to make some additional money doing what you already know how to do. Especially if it’s something you love to do AND it fits the criteria listed above.
- Just getting a new job isn’t going to do it for you right now.
- Nor will panic and fear get you anywhere.
- Your best option today, no matter whether you’re “still employed but worried,” or just lost your job, is to start figuring out how you can generate some new money. Money that will allow you to recession-proof your income.
But What If You Can’t Afford to Spend Money on a Great Business Coach to Help You Get Started?
No doubt there’s a lot of work you’ll have to do to get your business off the ground. The fastest and quickest way to do this is to work with a counselor or coach.
- But that takes money, which is something you’re no doubt short on right about now…
- Your next best option, instead of hiring someone to coach you one-on-one, is to find a reliable online coaching program that’s readily available and free.
- Gina Gaudio-Graves has a great one: Take a look at her 30-Day IM Challenge. Luckily for you, the latest challenge is just about to start. You’d be smart to take a look at what she’s offering.
The 30-Day IM Challenge is Packed With Hundreds of Pages of Solid Information – All Free – And Since It’s a Contest, There Are Even Prizes to Further Motivate You!
According to Gina, the biggest problem people have with completing the challenge is staying motivated to keep up with all of the training. Of course, you can work your way through it slowly. But since your goal is to get yourself into a position where you are generating some new money as fast as possible, taking it slow isn’t the best option. Especially if you want to with the prize, which is a free one-year coaching program with Gina, worth over $5,000.
Here’s something guaranteed to help you focus and stay motivated, so you can keep up with the 30-Day IM Challenge and win:
It’s Gina’s fantastic Miracle Motivational Package.
You owe it to yourself and your future to find out what’s included in this program. Especially since just reading Gina’s story will motivate you!
Can you imagine:
- A car accident ended her legal career
- Doctors gave her 12 months to live
- When doctors said there was no hope – she used motivational techniques – which she shares with you – to save her life. She not only overcame her paralysis, learn to walk again, and figure out how to pay for $9 million in medical bills –
- She also dedicated her life to helping one million people learn how to live the life of their dreams
Discover How Gina Turned Her Life Around – And How You Can, Too!
- Learn to motivate yourself to overcome everything that’s dragging you down right now, including this recession and your current financial frustrations!
- Grab her Miracle Motivational Package today.
- And don’t forget to sign up for the upcoming 30-Day IM Challenge!
One month from now – when everyone else is moaning about how the recession has only gotten worse – you’ll be so glad you did!!