A job search is the term used to describe the act of looking for employment, either because you are unemployed or unhappy with your current position. Generally, the immediate goal of a job search is to get an interview with an employer with the goal of getting hired.
Recently people have begun using social networking sites, such as LinkedIn.com, Facebook.com and Twitter.com to enhance their job search activities and success.
Beyond that, traditional ways to search for a job include:
- Using a job search engine
- Looking through the classifieds in newspapers
- Contracting with employment agencies or recruiters
- Networking, via friends or business networks
- Researching company web site for vacancy listings
- Boomers, Seniors, Retirees: Need to Replace Income Lost In Recession? Have You Discovered How to Get “Linked In” to the Social Networking Sites to Assist In Your Job Search?