You Can’t Do Much About the Economy, But That’s No Cause For a Midlife Crisis. Quick! What Would It Take To Make You Truly Blissful Right Now? As in “Happy From the Inside Out?”
As you were growing up, how did you envision your adult life?
Unfortunately, if you’re like most people, your childhood vision for your adult life doesn’t at all match up to the life you’re currently experiencing – quite possibly due to the recession.
After benefiting from all the high-flying financial success Boomers enjoyed during the 80s and 90s, who would have ever dreamed you might find yourself today, 50+ and facing a midlife crisis because you suddenly – and unexpectedly – find yourself:
- Financially challenged – OK, let’s really lay it out there: too broke to be able to contemplate near-term retirement
- Fighting foreclosure and on the verge of homelessness
- Scrambling to have a reliable job and affordable health insurance
- Worried that no one loves you – and getting by without a sex life, too
- Dogged by chronic illnesses including arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, type 2 diabetes, depression, sleep disorders, metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease and cancer
- Feeling totally alone in the world
That’s certainly not the dream life you were counting on!
After all, when you dreamed of your future back in the day, you undoubtedly pictured yourself enjoying a delightful, robust and well-to-do standard of living; your vision perhaps fueled by the happy lifestyles portrayed in just about every laugh-track laden sit-com we watched on TV as we grew up.
Certainly that’s how Marcy Shimoff, once a self-described angst-filled “unhappy camper,” envisioned her future life back as a young teen in the early 1970s…
She says she always imagined that as an adult she would undoubtedly:
- Live in a beautiful house
- Have a wonderful husband
- Enjoy a great career
- Be proud of her perfect body
- Delight in a social life that was fun and exciting
- Luxuriate in the fact that she was totally HAPPY!
To be sure, Marci adds, she was realistic enough to know that she:
- Would have to work hard to get all her ducks in a row
- Didn’t have any idea how she was going to achieve this fantastic life
- Was currently filled with existential angst, and not a naturally happy person
- Had a personal goal to become a professional speaker, striding the stages of the world, inspiring people to change their lives for the better
Now Let’s Digress For a Moment:
Think about it: If Marci’s fantasies are similar to yours, and given the current state of the economy, it’s no wonder that Rhea Becker, the Boston-based author of The Boomer Chronicles has recently been writing post after post dealing with that ubiquitous rite of passage known as “midlife crisis.”
Just in case you may have been wondering whether or not you have or are experiencing one, she offers a handy crisis checklist. According to Rhea:
You Might Be Having a Midlife Crisis if You Are:
- No longer content with a life and/or lifestyle that may have provided you happiness for many years
- Bored with things/people that have previously held great interest
- Feeling adventurous – experiencing a desire to do something completely different
- Frustrated and questioning the meaning of life, and the validity of decisions you made clearly and easily in past years
- Confused about who you are or where your life is going
Hold On! Are Those Challenged Feelings You’re Currently Experiencing Truly Caused by a Crisis of Midlife?
Perhaps You Just Need to Turn Off the News and Give Yourself the Opportunity to Be Happy?
Realistically, everyone who reads or watches today’s news programs – with their incessant stories of crisis, war and economic meltdown – is living under a cloud of doom, trying to figure out how to deal with the current economy and its negative impact on your personal finances.
Which is why it is so fantastic that Marci Shimoff – yes the same Marci who was once an angst-filled and brooding teen – has just released the paperback version of her fantastic and transformational book, Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out, which was originally published in hard cover format a year ago.
Thankfully for Boomers Everywhere, Marci Got Her Act Together. She’s a Happy Camper These Days – And She Knows You Can Be As Well.
You don’t need to hold out for:
- A fulfilling career
- A big bank account
- Your perfect mate
Marci’s book, Happy for No Reason, brings you a breakthrough approach to being happy, one that doesn’t depend on achievements, goals, money, relationships, or anything else “out there.” No, she proves that true happiness must come from inside you…
- Most books on happiness tell you to find the things that make you happy and do them more often. There’s nothing wrong with that, but if you’ve tried it, you’ve probably figured that this can lead to addictive behaviors, and worse — it won’t give you the deep and lasting happiness you’re undoubtedly longing for — the kind you’ll never lose, no matter what happens in your life.
- Marci’s book includes interviews with 100 people she calls her “Happy 100” – people she’s identified as people who are truly happy.
- But beyond that, she’s interviewed a handful of leading experts in the fields of positive psychology and neurophysiology, giving the book a great blend of science AND personal stories.
- The result is a powerful, proven and life-changing 7-step program that incorporates all areas of your life.
- Personal power
Follow Marci’s 7 Step Program and you’ll become happier immediately — no matter where you are now, even if you’re unexpectedly finding yourself at the personal nadir. You know, you suddenly and unexpectedly find yourself feeling “50, broke and single.”
Now You Can Own a Paperback Copy of [[]] For a Mere $8.25, Instead of the $24.95 I Paid For MY Hard Cover Version! What Could Be More Fair and Fiscally Responsible Than That?!
Oh! Maybe You’d Like the Offer Sweetened with Presents? (You Know, Gifts with Purchase…)
That’s right, once you take action and order the book, there’s an extra reward: you can snag a boatload – as in more than $3,000 worth – of fantastic free gifts as a thank you for your highly intelligent purchase of this fantastic book.
Marci starts with a free audio course you can download, including these recordings and study guides:
“Happiness: From the Blues to Bliss” recording with Marci and award-winning actress, Mariel Hemingway.
“2009 Happy for No Reason Coaching Manual” plus free live group coaching session with Marci over the telephone.
“Eliminate the #1 Belief that Blocks Your Happiness” online session by Morty Lefkoe.
“The Passion Test” online session with personalized results to help you discover and live your passions.
“HeartMath De-Stress Kit” — a 15-page guide with helpful practices to manage stress during challenging times.
“Turn Happiness into Money” recording by Marci and CNBC wealth expert Phil Town
“Feng Shui for Happiness & Prosperity” recording by Feng Shui Master Marie Diamond
“Happiness Meditation” with Spring Forest Qigong Master Chunyi Lin
Not only that, but the link allows you to download more than $3000 worth of valuable additional gifts and bonus recordings from almost 200 top authors and thought leaders, who have come together to give you a wonderful, happiness-filled life of abundance and peace.
These authors include:
- Jack Canfield
- John Gray
- Marianne Williamson
- Deepak Chopra
- Dr. Joe Vitale
- Bob Proctor
- Bill Bartman
- Maria Carter
- Dr. Joe Rubino
- even celebs like Shirley MacLaine, Yakov Smirnoff and Richard Simmons!
Now That You Can Save Money While Learning to Be Happy, Don’t Just Take My Word That This Fabulous Book Can Change Your Life
Here are some quotes from other people whose names you may recognize:
- “With Happy for No Reason, Marci Shimoff has hit a home run. This book presents a definitive, broad-based approach to becoming truly happy that combines great spiritual depth, top-notch research, and psychological practicality. I’m certain that if you follow the practices in her dazzling new book, you too will manifest a lifetime of happiness.” — from the Foreword by Jack Canfield, author of The Success Principles and co-creator of the bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul series
- “You can’t depend on external circumstances for lasting happiness. It has to come from inside you. Based on scientific research and the experiences of truly happy people, Happy for No Reason shows you step-by-step how to raise your happiness set-point.” — Mehmet C. Oz, MD, coauthor of You: On a Diet and You: Staying Young
- “Marci Shimoff is one of the most compelling people I’ve ever known. I’m happy she’s shared her wisdom with all of us in Happy for No Reason.” — Marianne Williamson, #1 New York Times bestselling author of A Return to Love
- “Happy for No Reason offers seven clear, powerful, and effective steps you can practice to be happier right now!” — John Gray, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
- “This book is a wonderful collection of techniques and examples, shared by people who have had one of the most important realizations I think we can have — that we already have within us the ability to live in a state of Happy for No Reason.” — Lindsay Wagner, Emmy Award-winning actress, The Bionic Woman
- “Tremendous! Marci Shimoff has produced a book that is practical, inspiring, and accessible. Happy for No Reason gives readers powerful ways to become happier in all dimensions of life: body, mind, heart, soul, personal power, purpose, and relationships. It’s seven books holistically rolled into one.” — Stephen M. R. Covey, bestselling author of The Speed of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything
Still here? What are you waiting for? Your chance to achieve true Boomer Bliss awaits, don’t miss the boat! Click the link to order Happy for No Reason now, and comment to this post that you’ve ordered the book. I’ll reply with the link to where you can register for all the free goodies!