Hey there, Baby Boomer,
Welcome to the site created just for you — Boomer Lifestyle!
What is the “Boomer Lifestyle,” anyway?
As you know, the term Baby Boomer, or “Boomer,” merely defines you by the years during which you were born — 1946 and 1964.
Which doesn’t mean much except that it recognizes that:
You’ve lived through many of life’s major traumatic milestones:
- First date
- First love
- First job
- First house
- First gray hair
- First major life disappointment
- Maybe even, ‘Last child leaves home,‘ or ‘First child comes back home‘
- First realization that you ‘should have somehow saved more money,’ OR
- ‘First thought about what you want to do with the rest of your life‘…
You still have a lot of time left in which to enjoy new life experiences – after all, ‘50 is the new 30,’ right?
Your life has been shaped by a number of shared seminal (televised) events.
Who can forget getting your first color TV, arguing over whether you’d rather be Ginger or Mary Ann on Gilligan’s Island, or being glued to the screen for shows, like:
- Howdy Doody, Shari Lewis & Lambchop, Captain Kangaroo
- The Mickey Mouse Club, American Bandstand
- Dean Martin, Andy Williams, and those Bob Hope Specials
- Ozzie & Harriet, Leave it to Beaver, Lassie
- Combat, The Rifleman, Daniel Boone, F Troop, McHale’s Navy
- Andy Griffith, Dick Van Dyke, Ed Sullivan, Alfred Hitchcock
- The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Underdog, Rocky & Bullwinkle
- Gunsmoke, Rawhide, Bonanza, Have Gun Will Travel
- Bewitched, The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction
- Gidget, The Flying Nun, The Fonz, Mr. Ed
- The Man from U.N.C.L.E. , I-Spy, The Fugitive
- Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Aquaman and Astroboy
- Lost in Space, Star Trek
- I Love Lucy, Laugh In, Saturday Night Live, Dean Martin Show
- Get Smart , I Dream of Jeannie, Burke’s Law
- Lawrence Welk, The Original Amateur Hour, Elvis Specials
- Wonderful World of Disney or Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom
- The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Soupy Sales, Carol Burnett Show
And then there was the more serious stuff you lived through:
- Civil rights marches and protests
- The assassinations of JFK and MLK
- Sputnik, the Space Race, Man’s first walk on the moon
- The Vietnam War, the student protests, Kent State and
- Nixon, the “Checker’s Speech,” and Watergate, and its aftermath
- The president who insisted on being called “Jimmy”
- The creation of IRAs and 401Ks, which eventually changed the way we retire, and of course
- The first time you used a computer (remember old punch cards and the phrase, “do not fold, spindle or mutilate”?)
You were also there for the birth of:
- The “Age of Aquarius” (maybe even attended Woodstock)
- The Women’s Lib movement which advocated women’s rights to work and receive equal pay (perhaps you even burned your bra)
- The American Civil Rights Movement as well as the less mainstream Black Power advocates (Did you march for equal rights?)
- The sexual revolution of the 1960s with its Free Love advocates
- Cesar Chavez and the birth of the National Farm Workers Association
- The Gay Rights movement
- The Hell’s Angels (some say this group represents the epitome of the biker counterculture of the 1960s.)
Whatever: Baby Boomers are NOT a homogenous group, as you can see…
Every one of you is unique and different.
But this site is dedicated to helping you continue in your quest to enthusiastically “grab life by the balls” and keep those balls in constant motion.
- Maybe these days you want to find ways to volunteer, pursue hobbies or go back to school.
- Or perhaps you’d like to travel to places you didn’t have time to visit when you were younger and working 24/7.
- For others of you, this is a time of growth and opportunity, a time to pick up where you left off before work got in the way of living.
- Others of you want to pick up the pace and have a good time. With high expectations of something special happening in this next chapter of your lives
After all, at this point in your life you know you can expect and plan for two or three decades that are probably less centrally focused on work— but may involve work – so you’re finally a period when you can achieve more balance in life. Whew!
We want to be here for you with everything you need to know about work, money, retirement, travel, leisure, health, wellness, technology, fun, family & relationships.
Because for you who live the Boomer Lifestyle, it’s all about being:
So join the Boomer Lifestyle party — and be sure to tell us what you think!